Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Long Time No Blog

It's been quiet around here for a while. Sorry about that. It's been pretty crazy the last few months, and it's gonna still be crazy another month or so. BUT! I am planning on updating more (I know I always say that, but this time it's true!) and adding new things! Lots of exciting things are in Oink Pigments' future!

First things first. The Oink Pigments Online Store is back! The Etsy store is still around, but the focus will be mainly on the store here. To kick off the store re-opening, use the coupon OINKOINK to receive 20% OFF any purchase (only works in the online store, NOT ETSY)! I haven't been able to dye yarn in a while, so I'm sorry if the color you want is out of stock! I am working on fixing that ASAP! Also, Mini Skeins will be available individually in the shop, as soon as I have some to stock it with.

Second item on the agenda: Vista Fiber Arts Fiesta. Last year was the first one, and also Oink Pigments' first show. It was a ton of fun and worth every second of the horrendous sunburn I got. I am planning on dyeing a TON of yarn for this, so there should be way more yarn than last year! The Fiesta is the weekend of October 13 & 14 from 10am-4pm and admission is FREE. This year all of the vendor spaces have been filled, so it's guaranteed to be a good show! Last year they even had live alpacas, and they are supposed to be here again this year! I will be posting more about it as we get closer to the event.

Third bit of news: Stitches West 2013. Last week I mailed in my application for Stitches West 2013. That's right, Oink Pigments is going to Stitches (hopefully)! ^_^ I can't even describe how excited I am about this! I am pretty sure my application will be approved, but I am trying to not get my hopes up (WAY too late for that), just in case. Stitches West is February 21-24, in Santa Clara, CA. It's a bit of a drive, but I can't wait! Keep an eye out here, because the plan is to make a mini blog series, complete with tons of pictures, of how things are going in preparation for Stitches. Which means you get sneak peaks into the world of Oink Pigments, and will get to see all of the awesome stuff that will be heading up north with us.

Fourthly, I am looking into some new yarns and working on some new colors, so sometime soon, there will be additions to the Oink Pigments family. If there is a certain kind of yarn (fiber or weight) or a color that you would love to see, let me know! I'd love any input on this matter.

Last but not least, make sure you follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get all of the updates and news for Oink Pigments. Any sales or news will get posted on both, but may not get a dedicated blog post.

If you have any comments or questions, feel free to email any time to oinkpigments@gmail.com. I should respond within 24 hours, if not sooner- I am ALWAYS checking my emails.

:@)

No comments:

Post a Comment